Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Virus Remediation Training
Thursday, February 28, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
Are You Tired of Losing Money (and Clients) on Virus Repairs?
If you’re in the business of supporting personal computers, you are probably spending a lot of your time dealing with malware in its various forms. This is also the area where many IT support organizations lose money or clients as a result of their efforts to remove the malicious software.
The reality is that today’s viruses, worms, Trojan horses, rogue security programs, and rootkits are more sophisticated than ever before. Many of the tools you may be using are often rendered ineffective by the defenses of these criminals.
As a result of this changing landscape, many support technicians find themselves in one of these positions:
- Not recognizing the symptoms of a malware infection
- Assuming that a problem is caused by malware, when it is actually something more benign
- Spending hours (or days) running scans with multiple anti-malware programs
- Thinking they have removed the malware, only to have it return when the computer is put back into service
- Reloading the system from scratch, after their traditional approaches have failed
What you need today to deal with these threats is education, a methodology, and a whole new set of software tools. This complete package comes together in a one-day workshop, Virus Remediation Training, presented by Ken Dwight, The Virus Doctor™, in Houston,Texas. The next public workshop will be held on Thursday, February 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Central Daylight Time.
Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
- What are the different types of malware? Why does it matter?
- How do you know when a computer is infected?
- How did the computer become infected? When is the malware being loaded?
- When do you use System Restore?
- What if the malware survives Safe Mode?
- What if you can’t run Regedit? Task Manager? Windows Update?
More information on this training is available on the web site of The Virus Doctor™, at http://www.thevirusdoc.com/virus-remediation-training.html. There you will find a link to replay a recent webinar that introduces the concepts of this training and the methodology it teaches.
On that page you can also download the latest brochure with more details of the workshop. Seating is limited, so sign up today!